Google

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Milk Is Expensive At Walmart

One of the false impressions that Walmart tries to create is that they always have the loweest prices around. Recently I was in Walmart, and while there, I picked up a gallon of 2% milk for $3.19. A few minutes later, I stopped by my pharmacy. The pharmacy also sells milk, so I decided to check their prices to see how much money I saved by buying it at Walmart. Much to my surprise, the 2% milk was $2.49. No sales price, just their everyday price. A few days later, I stopped in my local convenience store. While there, I decided to check their milk prices. The price for 2% at the convenience store was $2.69. So, the bottom line is that Walmart has a big markup on milk, and you are better off picking up milk elsewhere.

No comments: