Google

Friday, October 13, 2006

Stores/Companies/Products I Hate ...

Pier 1 ... I bought a patio set from Pier 1 and had it delivered. The deliverymen left, and I sat on a chair, and noticed it was very uneven, creating a rocking affect. I checked it over, and noticed that the "foot" at the bottom of one of the legs had been snapped off, creating the uneven effect.
The next day, I stopped by the store to explain the problem and asked if they could order a replacement foot. Instead, the manager told me to take a foot off of the floor model. Well, the foot was firmly threaded in place, and was almost impossible to remove. The manager eventually saw me struggling with it, and generously went and got me pliers and walked away. After much struggling, I got my replacement part. Unfortunately, when I got home, I realized that I would need to remove the threaded part of the broken foot that was still stuck in the leg of my chair before installing the replacement part. ... Not gonna happen ... I couldn't remove the broken section despite my best efforts. I called Pier 1 and sent them e-mails requesting a replacement chair, and my requests were completely ignored. The lack of customer service at Pier 1 is beyond ridiculous. I advise against giving them your business.

More tales of woe to follow as well as some kudos to some great companies and products ...

No comments: