Google

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Banking Recommendation

I opened a checking account, oh about 20 years ago. That bank went bankrupt after I had the account for about 7 years, and bank #2 ending up buying my bank. Bank #2 was REALLY horrible, both from a customer service perspective, and from a fees perspective. They really worked hard to extract as much money from my account as possible. Now I'm pretty lazy, and shopping around for a new bank would normally not make it to the top of my "to do" list, but I had had it. I was getting close to pulling the plug and moving everything to a new bank, when I get a letter in the mail stating that my bank was being purchased by Citizens Bank. I decided to give them a try ... it's been a couple of years with Citizens, and they get my seal of approval. Good customer service, low fees, and good on-line banking services. I can whine and complain about companies/products that are bad, so it's only fair to give credit where credit is due...

No comments: