Google

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Blood Suckers

Have you ever been to a LabCorp, the McDonalds of medical testing? They are the place you go to when you need blood work for you annual physical, etc. I've been to them twice (two different locations), and both experiences were pretty bad. The first time, I got the form in the mail from the doctor's office. Fast for 12 hours, yada yada, and get your bloodwork done at least one week prior to your scheduled physical. I did my fast, went into the office, and had my bloodwork. A few days go by, and I get a message that they forgot to do one of the tests, and I needed to come back. It's a pain in the ass (fasting again, time off from work), but mistakes happen. A couple of years go by, and it's time for anothe physical. The form comes in the mail, and after fasting, off to LabCorp I go. This time, I decide to go to a different location (a bit closer to work). The woman at the desk was extremely rude, and berated me because my doctor had checked off a test to be run that LabCorp no longer does. (Uh, lady, I'm not the one that decides what tests that are to be performed, and, why was the test on YOUR form, if you don't perform it?) I hate this place.

No comments: